Archiv für Februar, 2011
Schlagworte: Captain Riddim, Dancehall, Jah Cure, Pressure, Reggae, Sizzla, Tarrus Riley, Wayne Marshall, Winston Mayhew, Yard Vybz
Schlagworte: Dancehall, Dubplates, Empty Di Magazine, Finland, Komposti Sound, Mix CD, Reggae
We’ve been planning to do a dubplate mix for years but it seems there’s always been something more important or urgent to do. In fact, last year just before our JA trip I recorded one but didn’t check the condition of the recording cables and due to some electronic interference it wasn’t really good enough for listening.. We decided in December, while doing a short mix for Riddim Magazine, that we’re gonna finally get it over with and record & release the mix this spring. When I started to check which tracks to feature on the mix I realized straight it’s not gonna be an easy task; there were simply too many nice tunes we’ve grown fond of over the years – and too many different styles in which we’ve voiced. Actually I realized it’s a stupid & impossible task; every tracklist version felt like it was missing something important and going through things at too fast a pace – it’s music we’ve spent countless hours working on and we don’t want to present it as a fastfood-style package. Thus we decided to split the mix into two parts; this first one focusing more on classic style riddims and easier vibes while the second one features more modern sounds.
1. Peter Hunnigale – Intro
2. Peter Hunnigale – Pick Up The Phone
3. Marcia Griffiths – Truly
4. Peter Hunnigale – Take A Little Longer
5. Johnny Osbourne – Komposti Promise
6. Bob Andy & Marcia Griffiths – Komposti Anthem
7. Marcia Griffiths – Tell Me Now
8. Freddie McGregor, Marcia Griffiths & Peter Hunnigale – Too Late
9. Alton Ellis & U Brown – Still In Love
10. Gappy Ranks – Happiest Day
11. Sadiki – Soundboy Please Tell Me
12. Tarrus Riley – Young Heart
13. Bob Andy – Too Experienced
14. Barrington Levy – My Time
15. Sugar Minott – Drum Pan Sound
16. Peter Hunnigale – Good Vibes
17. Junior X – Plead My Cause
18. Silvertones – Kill A Tin Pan Sound
19. Sadiki – Guilty
20. Khago – Champion
21. Khago – Medley
22. Cocoa Tea – Kill Kill
23. Buju Banton – Murderer
24. Willie Williams – Armagideon Time
25. Burro Banton – No Problem
26. Pinchers – Borderline
27. Bounty Killer – Roots Reality & Culture
28. Johnny Osbourne – Choppa
29. Shabba Ranks – Dead Ina Di War
30. Assassin – Tell Dem Fi Simmer
31. TOK – From Dem Diss
32. Anthony B – Komposti Kill Everything
33. I Octane – Komposti Alone
34. Johnny Osbourne – No Ice Cream
35. Top Cat – Lighter
36. Little Dany – Met Le Faya
37. Original Uman – Medley
38. Sugar Minott – Buy Out The Bar
39. Warrior King – Melody
40. Tarrus Riley – Midnight
41. Cocoa Tea – Idiot Sound
42. Pinchers – 100% Dub
43. Barrington Levy – Soundkiller
44. Richie Spice – Pon The Corna
45. Sizzla – Hype
46. Romain Virgo – Serious Sound
47. Assassin – Priority
48. Busy Signal – Spliff Tail
49. Tarrus Riley – Human Nature
50. Tarrus Riley – Komposti Strong
51. Luciano – Ready Now
52. Half Pint – Crazy
53. Capleton – More Dem Try
54. Lloyd Parks – Kung Fu Fighting
55. Horace Andy – Fever
56. Bunny General – Full Up A Class
57. Freddie McGregor – Across The Border
58. Mavado – Weh Dem A Do
59. Sizzla – Rise Up Di Remington
60. Stein – Empty Di Magazine
61. Freddie McGregor – Every Day
Schlagworte: Dancehall, Douala, Higher Level Sound, Party, Ravensburg, Reggae, Stingray 45 Disco
If you’re around the Lake Constance Area tonight, make sure to line up at the Douala in Ravensburg, cause its gonna be a real mad bashment, for sure.
Schlagworte: Colouring Book, Dancehall, Gaza Ink, Gaze, Jamaica, Portmore Empire, Reggae, Tattoo, Vybz Kartel
Schlagworte: Berlin, City Lock, Clash, Dancehall, Modern Warfare, Reggae, Soundclash, Supersonic, Yaam, Yardbeat Sound
From what I’ve read on dancehallmusic.de, Yardbeat took the title in last nights Modern Warfare Clash against City Lock in Berlin.
Seems like it was a deserved win, trough City Lock only took the first round and Yardbeat the other rounds plus DfD.
Schlagworte: Andre Roots, CLandestino, Dancehall, Lafreekano, Reggae, Riddim Repuclic, Rough Lynx, Seydi Mandoza, SwingKids, Video
Schlagworte: Dancehall, Jamaica, Konshens, Lifeline Music, Niko Browne, Reggae, Simple Song, Video
Schlagworte: Buju Banton, Cocaine, Dancehall, Florida, Guilty, Jamaica, Reggae, Tampa
Reggae star Buju Banton was found guilty on three charges by a 12-member panel of jurors a short while ago at the United States Sam M Gibbons Federal Court here in Tampa.
The artiste was found guilty of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute five or more kilogrammes of cocaine, of possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug-trafficking offence and using the wires to facilitate a drug-trafficking offence.
However he was found not guilty of attempted possession with the intent to distribute cocaine.
The artiste hugged his lawyer David Markus when the verdict was read.
Many of the artiste’s supporters left the courtroom crying. He has been detained and has had his bail revoked.
Schlagworte: Bologna, Clash, Dancehall, Herbalize-It, King Tubbys, Reggae, Sottotetto Cup 20111, Soundclash
Schlagworte: BBC4, Dancehall, Documentary, Reggae, Reggae Britannia, UK
Great BBC documentary about Reggae in the UK.
Showing how it came from Jamaica in the 1960s to influence, over the next 20 years, both British music and society, the programme includes major artists and performances from that era, including Big Youth, Max Romeo, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Jerry Dammers and the Specials, the Police, UB40, Dennis Bovell, lovers rock performers Carroll Thompson and Janet Kay, bands like Aswad and Steel Pulse and reggae admirers such as Boy George and Paul Weller.
The programme celebrates the impact of reggae, the changes it brought about and its lasting musical legacy.